Tuesday, March 3, 2009


What makes an adult an "adult"? The dictionary gives the definition: a person who has attained the age of maturity as specified by law. By law? What law? The law of nature? Or the law we create for ourselves?

My present age is an age people would consider an adult. I am viewed by society as a "kid" because of my stature, the way I dress, and possibly my occupation? When people find out I am in my mid-twenties and a college graduate, they tend to be shocked. This view, from others' perspectives, has made me view myself as a child.

How this affects me? I feel as if I am in a stand-still. I am not falling back, nor progressing. I just tend to stay in the same spot. What will it take for me to gain my deserved title as "adult"? Does it really just boil down to appearance? I like to think I hold myself, and speak, in a mature manner.

I just want to grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment